|Double Dare (2018 revival)|
Logo for the show
June 25, 2018 – present
No. of Episodes
Double Dare (2018 revival) is the revival of the original Nickelodeon game show Double Dare. Episodes began airing in June 2018.
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original show (which began in 1986), a live reunion special took place at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2016. The live event was later aired on TV on November 23, 2016 as the Double Dare Reunion Special, and included vintage clips, behind the scenes footage, as well as Nickelodeon stars from All That.
During the New York press day for the revival, Summers told AOL that he had been trying to get Nickelodeon to revive the show for 10 years. After Summers heard shows like Blue's Clues and Clarissa Explains It All were coming back, he sent an email to executives asking if he would be getting the phone call next. Two weeks later, he found out that they would be reviving it.
On April 25, 2018, Nickelodeon officially announced that the show would be returning with 40 new episodes airing in summer 2018.
On May 22, 2018, the host was announced to be YouTube personality Liza Koshy, with original Double Dare host Marc Summers returning to, "give color commentary on the challenges, lending his vast knowledge of the game and expertise to each episode" The series began airing on June 25, 2018.
|“||Welcome to Double Dare, where we ask plays mind-boggling questions and take on a crazy obstacle course for a chance to win some mind blowing prizes.||”|
|“||I'm going to ask you a question. You get it right, you get $50. If you don't know the answer or think the other team hasn't got a clue, you can dare them to answer it for double the amount. But be careful- because they can double dare you right back for four times the amount. Then you'll either have to answer the question, or take the physical challenge.||”|
In Round 1, the two teams first compete in a physical challenge to see who takes control of Round 1. The winning team wins $50 and control of the round. Throughout the round, questions will be asked to the team in control. A team may opt to dare the other team to answer, but the other team then may answer the question or double dare them back, in which the team who got the original question will either have to answer the question or complete a physical challenge. Completing a physical challenge will give you control in the round and $100, while failure to do so will give $200 and control of the round to the opposing team. The end of the round is indicated by the airhorn noises.
|“||Welcome back to Round 2 of Double Dare where everything is worth double the dollars. At the end of this round, the winner gets to keep their bank and move on to the final obstacle course. Now this tossup challenge will determine who gets control in Round 2.||”|
In Round 2, the two teams will again compete in a physical challenge to see who takes control of Round 2. The winning team wins $100 and control of the round. The questions and physical challenges follow the same format as Round 1, but with double the amount of money to win. The end of the round is indicated once again by the airhorn noises. The team who has the most money is declared the winner, gets to keep their bank, and moves on to the infamous Double Dare Obstacle Course.
|“||Now it's time to take on the legendary obstacle course. Now, you'll switch off at each obstacle - all eight of them. Grab the flag at each obstacle and earn an incredible prize.||”|
In the Double Dare Obstacle Course, the team who won will try to complete an 8-obstacle course within 60 seconds to win a prize for each completed obstacle. There are a variety of obstacles used for the first 7 obstacles, with the eighth obstacle always being Mount St. Double Dare.
- While filming for the show took place, four episodes were filmed in an entire day.
- This revival of Double Dare uses over 2,000 gallons of slime
- The entire obstacle course is cleaned in under 5 minutes after filming.
- There are one thousand trivia questions written for the show, spanning over a range of 22 different topics.
- Over 80 contestants will appear on season 1 of the show.
- Over 5,000 kids and parents have auditioned for the show.
- So far in the 2018 revival, only five teams have beaten the obstacle course within 60 seconds: Sisters on a Roll (Jessica & Michelle) from episode 4 of the revival which aired on June 27, 2018, Dominating Duo (Adam & Tyler) from episode 11 which aired on July 9, 2018, The Shortstacks (Charlotte & William) from episode 15 which aired on July 13, 2018, Who Runs the World (Liam & Theo) episode 17 which aired on July 17, 2018, and Team Over Your Head (RJ & Andre) episode 19 which aired on July 19, 2018.
- Throughout the (so far) 19 episodes, five teams have made it through all 8 obstacles (mentioned above), while, three teams have made it through 7 obstacles, six teams have made it through 6 obstacles, four teams have made it through 5 obstacles, and one team has made it through 4 obstacles.
- Thunderstruck vs. Girl Power marks the first episode to not feature a physical challenge with the exception of two toss-up challenges.
- Team Server vs. Team Spears is the first episode with two celebrities competing for charities. Prizes on the obstacle course is replaced with more money to win for the team's charity.
- ↑ How original 'Double Dare' host Marc Summers got Nickelodeon to bring the beloved show back
- ↑ Game Show 'Double Dare' Revived at Nickelodeon
- ↑ Double Dare Returns to Nickelodeon Beginning Monday, June 25, at 8:00 P.M. (ET/PT)
- ↑ Gracie Odoms on Instagram: “📣✨✨ Issa Wrap on Double Dare Season 1 !!! 40 shows , 4 Lewks per day in 12 days. Had the best time working with @lizakoshy , Marc Summers…”
- ↑ MANDEL ILAGAN on Instagram: “That’s a wrap!!”
- ↑ On-Camera Audiences on Instagram: “Today was our final day of taping @officialdoubledare 😕 But the last few weeks have been wet, wild, and best of all...MESSY 🙌 This show has…”
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 BTS 🎬 Double Dare w/ Liza Koshy, Marc Summers & More! | Inside Nick Ep. 9 w/ Tarreyn & Carly